Sunday, March 7, 2010

Testimonies, Fainting, and Blessings

What a day! Fast Sunday is always wonderful, but today's was more eventful than most.

Let's start with Church - only girls bore their testimonies, and with five minutes left in the meeting the Bishop stood up and asked that 10 brethren would bear a short 1 minute testimony. Then as we are singing the closing song, the chorister is looking like she tripped and is trying to gain her balance, and then suddenly falls over. The Bishop then stand up and tell us all not to worry, as she has heart problems, and this is a frequent occurrence, and she will be fine. We then had a closing prayer.

I then was blessed to spend the afternoon with Ashley. Since she has been engaged I have not been able to spend a lot if any time with her. Which I recognize is normal, but I still miss her. We then drove back home for Stone's baby blessing.

What a dream! Bart, how amazing it is to see people return back to the church, to accept everything and live in accordance with the gospel! They are so happy! So, it was an incredible blessing to see Bart give Stone a name and a blessing. it was short and simple, but powerful. There is not doubt he will be a strong son of our Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment