Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 4 and three Zip Fizzs later

Well, after a celebration last night, lets just say morning came much too early, although the sun slept in. This whole daylight savings thing is awesome for the evenings, but the mornings... they're killing me. And in my room, which is affectionately and more commonly known around my home as 'the cave', doesn't help the situation.

As if my parents didn't already think my job was cushy, today I came in went through my emails, which have gotten backed up this week, and then everyone pulled up their chairs in front of the TV and we all proceeded to watch the BYU basketball game. All the boys, they even went to the burping extent... not something I ever expected to see at the office. I left shortly after BYU won in double overtime (woot! woot!) to go to the post office for a bulk mail training. There were four of us in the meeting, so we introduced ourselves and the companies/organizations we were with, the first lady says her name and then says, "I am with the Weber County Democrat Party". You should have seen the look she gave me when I said I was with the Sutherland Institute - as an old companion of mine said, "good thing you have a gun".

Came home tonight, ready for well another night and I find myself sitting, watching American Idol by myself - Whitney is at Willey Wonka, Blake is at hockey practice, and Matthew is ice skating. Wow, I now know why my Mom loves it when everyone is gone, she can finally relax. Noted I have to leave in 3 minutes to get Blake, but the last 30 minutes is exactly what I needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment