Saturday, January 30, 2010

New Car

Finally after a week of car shopping, test driving 20+ different vehicles, spending countless hours haggling with car salesmen, and more stress than I needed - it is official... drum roll please.... Mini Cooper S.



There are few times in my life that I will actually be able to drive a car like this, so I took advantage of it and got a killer deal (always shop end of the month!). The car is practically new - 2008 with 6,000 miles on it - it's a six-speed, which will likely get me into trouble fast, although I have noticed (comparing my GPS speed to the odometer) that the odometer tells you faster than you are actually going, so whether that is on purpose or not I appreciate it! It took nearly 4 hours yesterday to decide - with a close call that I would not be getting it due to a possible accident that was in the car, but it seems that it was false and somehow got picked up on a car check thing. We have till Monday at the close of business to have it looked at by a body shop and return it if that is the case (pray that its not!).

So, now the real test will be my dating life - my cousin swore that it would cut my single life in half, so now we will have to see what happens! Honestly, either way I'm good - I may not want it to cut my single life too much as that means I may not be abel to drive it as long!

1 comment:

  1. I'm waiting for a picture of you in the new car. That is all I really want to see;)

    ReplyDelete