Thursday, January 28, 2010

Car Shopping

I don't think I detest anything more! You know shopping for a car seems like a fun things to do. You can test drive all sorts of cars, some of which you would never buy and can't afford, and then all the others that you are comparing, etc. Let's just say after two days I am done! And still haven't found one!

Here is the debate: I have always thought I would get a CRV. I love Honda's they're awesome cars, they run forever, they're very reliable, and affordable. Well, from my research - looking at 2007 EX-L models they run between 18 - 22K. And a brand new 2010 is about 26K. It is amazing how well they retain their value. While looking for CRV, which by the way are nearly impossible to find. Even on KSL there are only a handful listed, and the Honda dealership I went to yesterday had 10 backordered! CRAZY! So, since we were looking - we started looking at Mini Coopers. They're about the same price point, especially when we look at 2007 models. And for my life right now - commuting from Provo to Salt Lake (about 40 miles one way) daily and single - they're a great fit for me. Not to mention they're cute and a thrill to drive!! They are so much fun. And the one I looked at only has 6,000 miles on it, it's a 2008, listed at 19K.

So the debate is between reasonable, functional and reliable with a proven track record or a nice car (Mini's are made by BMW), reliable, but a hell of a lot of fun, which I will not likely be able to purchase later in my life as it would be completely impractical. And so I weigh the options - I am currently in the Pro and Con lists, if you have anything to add please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment