Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New Calling

Well, I met with the Bishopric this evening - which has been quite the adventure in this ward. Last semester I was called as the ward greeter... Let's just say I was less than thrilled and had a hard time accepting the calling. But, after my parents laughed at me and I got a few other "what? you must be joking" I accepted it. Then a week later I was called in again - I thought it was because I didn't come to church the first week I was supposed to be the greeter - it was the primary program at home and there was no way that I was going to miss that! But, I was given another calling - FHE mom. That is the hardest calling in the book! I loved it though - it was difficult and I don't think I did as good of a job as I could have, but I am really going to miss it! I will admit I won't miss the greeter calling too much... Sorry Bro. Park - I know you were hoping it would be my favorite calling!

So, to say the least I was a bit nervous as to what they could possibly be calling me as this time - or if it was even for a calling. Well, for better or worse I was called to teach Temple Preparation. I left feeling overwhelmed, humbled, excited, and very grateful. It seems that there are actually quite a few people that I know ho are preparing to go through the temple or recently went through the temple, so I am very grateful that I have been given this opportunity to learn more about the temple, and since I didn't take the course before I went it will be a good way for me to learnt he material.

I love the temple! I am so grateful to live in Utah where no matter where I am there is a temple less than 30 minutes away! What an incredible blessing! When I returned home from my mission I felt strongly that I needed to go to the temple every week - and if I missed a week I needed to make up for that. I am so grateful that I have been able to keep that goal - especially given this new calling - as my testimony of the temple has grown immensely. I am so grateful for the peace that can be found there. I am grateful hat God has designed a plan for his children to return to live with him again. I am also grateful to be able to go so often because I am able to actively involve my self in missionary work still. While it is on a much different level than being a missionary is - I am able to receive the same blessings and feelings when I attend for those who have passed on.

No comments:

Post a Comment