Monday, January 4, 2010

Highway Patrol & 2012 Presidential Nominee



Well, I went back to work today. Things are beginning to pick up, and I am excited for the upcoming events and projects. On my way to work I was driving along and suddenly traffic slowed dramatically... yep you guessed it a Highway Patrol officer. So I maneuvered past the traffic going 71 MPH. Not too fast and certainly slower than traffic had been going prior to his presence. Next thing I know he turns the lights on... yep he pulls me over! Grrr... I was speeding, but there were other that had passed him going much faster in the carpool lane, well I was in a bit of a hurry to get to work, so I pulled out my wallet to get my license, he came to the window and says you know you passed a marked Highways Patrol going 71, Yes. Then he tells me that this is a problem because it tells others that they can speed - so I begin to pull out my license and he says, No I don't want to see your license, just try to stay as close to the speed limit as possible. Really, I mean I am grateful he didn't give me a ticket, but it all seemed kind of silly like he was just bored.

On to better things - political things! : ) Today at work we met with the former Governor of New Mexico (a Republican believe it or not!) Gary Johnson. It was a somewhat strange meeting. He introduced us to his website/organization. if you want to check it out, its ouramericainitiative.com. Basically it looks like he has developed this group in order to get a platform established and then run on it in 2012 for the presidential bid. So, if your interested you can check it out. He is more of a libertarian than a Conservative, but definitely interested in running, so he is someone to keep your eye on!

No comments:

Post a Comment