I know it's a dirty word. I spent all day learning about it, talking about it, and understanding more of how to do and why we do it. I wish I would of had more of a discussion about direct mail and what we are looking at exactly what plans have been made as of now to do it. I definitely have a lot to do when I get back. Which is overwhelming, but also very exciting! I like to be busy! There are so many pieces of direct mail that I never thought about - like simply tracking the success and knowing what works - wether it is an envelope, a signer, a stamp, a premium, a list... and on and on. There are so many different things you have to think about and consider it is incredible!
I am so glad I was able to come here and get a big birds eye view of the whole process, mostly because I don't think I could have gotten it any other place. And now I have a good idea of what a successful direct mail program needs to look like. Prospecting mail seems complicated enough, I am afraid keeping up with House file mailings will be hard enough - so we will start out one piece at a time and grow from there. I do like that I am fairly certain I will be over this, which is nice to have a project for me to do and pretty much start from scratch. I am a bit worried about suggesting a new database - but I just don't think that the one we are using is going to work...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment