Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Restoration

Sunday's are an interesting thing. I love them. Especially fast Sundays when you are able to hear testimony and bear testimony. Today I was profoundly touched by the message of the Restoration, the Book of Mormon, and humbled to live in such a time. We are living at a time when the world is becoming increasingly wicked and the Jesus Christ will come and rule and reign. It is time when we must live and know if the the gospel is true. We must come to that knowledge on our own. We must be able to stand and bear testimony of it. We must begin to establish Zion, that Jesus Christ may come down to rule and reign. Posted here is a clip from one of my favorite talks on this subject given by Elder Holland. I think has particular meaning after serving in Dallas - the belt buckle of the Bible Belt - with so many churches all professing to believe in the Bible, but only one who knows the truth of what it contains. I am grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I know that it is Christ's church restored to the earth - his power under his direction. What a joy it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment