
Well, I met with my trainer tonight and I am getting read to run the Utah Valley half marathon! Many of you know that I have wanted to run a marathon for a long time and was planning on running the Ogden one. Well, due to my knees and back my training was delayed and then I didn't sign up in time for the Ogden marathon. Well, I hung out with my friend Jane over the weekend and she wanted to do the half marathon - so I thought that would be perfect! It is on June 12th. The good part is it is a steady downhill all the way the bad part is, it is basically a long straight away. Through Provo Canyon, and then all the way down University Avenue from the mouth of Provo Canyon to Center St. So I will mentally have to get over that one, but I think I do it and it will be good to have a friend there too. So for now, it means basically hitting the gym twice a day - in the morning for weight lifting and in the evening for cardio. But it should all be worth it in the end and hopefully my knees will hold out and I can still run a marathon!
No comments:
Post a Comment