
Massachusetts actually elected a Republican! It is absolutely amazing! I got from work - after tentatively watching the news all day - and turned on the TV to see... and there is was Sen. Scott Brown giving his victory speech! I was jumping up and down - and celebrating, and a few of my roommates got home about that time - yes they thought I was completely crazy! But, they aren't the first to be exposed to my obsessive political behavior! It's amazing, and a great blessing. I don't know that one man will be able to derail Healthcare or the Socialist agenda of our current leaders, but it will certainly put a cog in the well oiled machine! From what I have seen of Sen. Brown he seems like a good down to earth man, even commenting that both his daughters were single and available during his acceptance speech on Tuesday night! I would no doubt kill my father for saying such things - but it shows a side of him that I appreciate in a politician. And he is no doubt quick on his feet! From his comment about the People's seat, comments on his possibility of running in 2012, etc. He will no doubt be one to watch for a good sound bite!
No comments:
Post a Comment