Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Calverts

Well, the greatest part about coming to Arizona was that I was able to see my cousins Chris & Camille! Camille picked me up this am at my hotel and we went to her house - which is beautiful! Their neighborhood is how you picture Arizona - desert, in fact Camille told me they are not allowed to have grass in their yards, it has to be natural desert landscape - which is actually quite lush, not lush like you think of a jungle - but there are lots of desert plant everywhere and the way that the houses are designed it blends right in and you really feel somewhat secluded which I reckon is a plus!
Their kids are adorable! Calahan is two and full of energy! I don't know how kids have so much energy, I really wish I could capture that in a bottle and drink it every morning! It would be so helpful - and would certainly help the mid afternoon drag, which currently requires a little diet coke! And Crewe - this was the first time I was abel to meet him. We walked into the room where he was sleeping, and he woke up when we came in. He was adorable! And played shy - he's a little flirt! He is adorable and so cute! You just want to squeeze him! It was such a joy to see them and get caught up on their life - I feel like it has been forever since I have seen them!

It is so wonderful and such a blessing to have an incredible family! I wouldn't change it for the world!

1 comment:

  1. Ali,
    We had so much fun with you! Thanks for making time to see us while you were in town. You'll have to come back again when it isn't so wet and cold.

    ReplyDelete