Anyway, the Relief Society lesson last week was on change. Which has undoubtedly been on my mind a lot recently - from my parents leaving, Ashley getting married, and ultimately settling in to my living situation at home, working full time, and what not. During the lesson the teacher shared this video with us.
The part that struck me the most was when she said, "I pray, I get answers, and then I do it". That is exactly what this life is all about. I don't think there is any way that I can expand on that. Ask God, listen, and then do it. And I know the times in my life when I have done that I have found more happiness than at any other time. The warning is that once you start to do that - the Lord will call on you more and more. The more you do the more you will be asked to do, but as you do that you will draw closer to God, you will become like him.
I can't leave out Elder Holland, at the end of the clip he states, "In suffering we may indeed be nearer to God than at any other time in our lives". How true that is. And this is why I am grateful for my current trials. At a point in my life where I can't really complain about anything - I have a job, a car, a house to live in that I don't have to pay rent on, family - both immediate and extended, and great friends.
I am so grateful that the Lord has seen fit to test me, to try me - my faith. I pray that I will be able to pass his test.
Thank you for your testimony on this subject. You'll pass all his tests for sure! Just remember that there are so many people who love you who are so willing to help you with anything. Including me!
ReplyDelete