Well, I arrived in Dallas today. The heat an humidity was the first to greet me – I recall when I arrived here on my mission not feeling the humidity until I walked through the doors to the baggage claim, but this time I hadn’t even stepped off the plane before I felt it.
Patti picked me up – it was so good to see her. She is amazing. We went to her house and had dinner with the family – well her, Tom, Kristi and Joe (Kristi’s boyfriend, this was the first night meeting the parents, joint with Kristi’s birthday dinner). It was god to be there, although I did feel a little strange – I think it was the fact that I was here in Dallas, with pants and heels on, and not trackting or something. There are several new buildings, the construction that was on Town East is finished, along with a few new restaurants and things.
Sis. Fluckiger picked me up and we stopped at the new Braums for ice cream and then came home – it really does kind of feel like home, other than I feel like I should have someone else with me. Lying in bed – a rush of memories come to me… Thursday planning, lying out on the trampoline on pday, exercising out on the driveway, Sis. Fluckiger making bread, teaching Cody, praying harder than I have ever prayed before, being completely exhausted at the end of the day to the point where I could hardly change out of the sweaty skirt and tights, crying, laughing, SkipBo, getting the mail… I will never forget those days.
Tomorrow the Bryants will be sealed…
No comments:
Post a Comment