Saturday, June 12, 2010

Temple, Reunions, and a Good Long Talk

What a day it has been - I am utterly exhausted, and really quite surprised that I made it this late. I thought I was going to loose it around 5pm, and now its past midnight!

The sealing this morning - there are no words to describe the amazing feeling that was there. I had prayed that I would get confirmation about them being sealed, and I did. They walked into the sealing room and as the sealer gave counsel and instruction - which was perfect for them - a flood of memories and emotions cam flooding through my mind. The first time I went to their house, and I thought, "if I ever have to go there again I may die", to leaving here and thinking it would be nearly impossible to leave. It was worth every penny it took to get here. The spirit that overcame me - with total love and gratitude that I had been a part of that. That he had given me the opportunity to be a witness of the beginning of a great miracle - the miracle of change, true spiritual change.

I was able to see Sis. Countryman, the Stevenson in laws, Sis. Aanerud, Anya, and Kristi. I wish I would have been able to sit and really talk with Kristi - I miss her, and talking to her. She is amazing. She taught me so much about faith in following your leaders, she has an inner strength that comes from that faith in Jesus Christ that I am in awe of. Anya is about to burst, literally - she is due with her baby girl in a few weeks and Sis. Countryman is pregnant again. The Gardners, Haskins and Sis. Howard came over fro dinner - how wonderful it was to see them. It seems as if everything and yet nothing has changed.

Sis. Howard and I sat and talked for what seemed like only an hour or so, but she only left a little bit ago - which means it was multiple hours. It was good to talk. There is something about talking with someone you love and admire that just makes you think. It is one of my favorite things to do - it brings me an inner peace and calm. I think it is like that quote about how it is often through other people that the Lord meets our needs. And that is one way that he does it for me, giving me people I can talk to - on a deep personal level.

I wish I could stay longer - to have more time to just talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment