It will be hard for me to express all the feelings that I have had today – going to church and seeing so many people that I love and feeling that love reciprocated by so many others.
As I woke up and got ready, I was slightly overcome with emotion – the joys that had had in the Fluckiger’s home. To be able to witness their lives, the lives of a couple who truly understand and know the truthfulness of the gospel. I had butterflies in my stomach as we went to church, it felt somewhat odd and truly surreal to be back in that building, then as I saw the missionaries at the door I was once again overcome. I sat down – Kathy Bishop was sitting with Sis. Waldbusser in front of us. I gave her a huge hug. I had been thinking about her all morning – wondering if she was going to be there, how her Dad was doing, where she was living…and there she was, I gave her a hug, but as the meeting had already begun I didn’t have time to do anything else.
Sister Holland was sitting next to us, I need to call her – there are so many I wish I could have spent more time with, seen more, talked to longer – I hope to stay longer next time. There were so many people, the Moores, the Cannons, Nelsons, Skidmores – I am confident I am leaving out so many. Gospel Principles had just started as I walked in, but I had to say Hi to James, as I shook his hand and asked how he was doing – I could tell he did not realize who I was, as I sat down behind him, he realized he knew me – I said, “Sis. Holmes”. I will never forget the look on his face. As we talked after – I just wanted to give him a big hug. He alone changed my understanding of the Atonement and the true power that it has. He said he had been in talking to the Bishop, and on the whiteboard in his office someone had written “endurance à”. Before he left, he told me he had to write “joyfully” above it. I was so touched that he would remember something like that – something that I had taught, and Bishop knew it came from me.
No comments:
Post a Comment