Sunday, October 10, 2010

Mission Bonds

There is something very unique about missions and missionaries and their families really - any connection you can get with a missionary currently serving whether it is just a friend or your own son or daughter somehow brings you closer to them.  I experienced it on my mission and now I get to experience it again with my parents serving.

So, today I had dinner with the Peays.  Elder Peay is currently serving as an Assistant with my Dad, and Brother Peay is serving as a counselor in a neighboring singles ward that I attend who used to serve in the bishopric with my Bishop... so, if that makes any sense at all, that is how I ended up at dinner with the Peay family tonight!  It was wonderful to visit with them, learn more about Landon and their family.
I am so grateful for their willingness to open their home to me.

One of the greatest blessing I have had in my families absence is the tremendous amount of love and support I have felt from so many - family members, friends, ward members, and even strangers like the Peays (who are no longer strangers!).

1 comment:

  1. Elder Peay is Awesome! So glad you got to have dinner with his parents. Looking forward to you coming to visit me ;)

    ReplyDelete