I love General Conference.
There is nothing better than good food, sitting at home and watching Conference. While, it would be nice to have the whole family around, we tried to keep up all the traditions...Heidi and two of her roommates came as well as Meredith and some mission friends of my grandparents. In fact, last night every bed in the house had bodies in it! It's been a while since that happened! It was great to have so many people around.
Conference opened with Elder Holland. I think he set the tone, for me, for the rest of the Conference. It was very different for him, focusing on gratitude and the incredible blessings that we have. I was particularly impressed as he spoke specifically to his mother, as I thought about my Mother and Father that have done so much for me (I just love my Family!).
I have yet to pick out an overall theme for the Conference, however I believe that Faith was woven through many of the talks. I will be listening to many of them this week to see what I can find. However, I was undoubtedly filled with much light and desire to do better! President Uchtodorf touched me particularly with a desire to do and be better.
Saturday night - Girls night! We did not get a very early start, however it was not really necessary we got ready and went to Salt Lake. We drove up to the Capitol (we did this last Conference and it is so beautiful, so this may become a tradition). Then we met Garrett after Priesthood and went to Ruth's Chris for dinner! It was awesome! It was the last night of Dine O'round - so we had a 3 course meal for $30 and worth every penny!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment