Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Falling backward

Looking back at my previous post it seems strange to write what I am going to write now, it is amazing how quickly things can change - and when it comes to depression and anxiety I have learned it is a daily battle.  It often feels like I am juggling several things and if I drop one, they are start to come tumbling down one by one... the good part is I am recognizing it - and that gives me the opportunity to change it!

The last couple of weeks have been awesome.  In fact there have been several times I have looked back to the days even before I knew what was wrong with me and thought, "I cannot even replicate those feelings, it is hard to even imagine them".  And then before I forget them completely - I stop doing something I know I need to be doing...this time it was exercise.  I have been so busy with a million other things that I have not been properly exercising.  I have been walking in the mornings 2 or 3 times a week, and then I have run on the treadmill downstairs once or twice, but not a good hard workout.  And this week - nothing.

So, just as I drop the ball on that one I begin to feel a shift in my mood.  I am more irritable, distracted, can't seem to figure out what to accomplish, sad, exhausted (much more than usual), and broke into tears diving home for no apparent reason.

The answer - looks like I better get up in the morning and run it out, then get back to my gym routine!

No comments:

Post a Comment