Thursday, December 16, 2010

Mall Walking

Day one of Detroit I experienced something I have never experienced before, mall walking.  Apparently this is done across America, however I will forever and always think of it as a Michigan thing.  

Too cold to walk outside, not a problem!  Go down to you local mall, open as early as 6:00am and join a hundred other people as they cruise through the mall.  No shopping, only walking (and some coffee drinking).  I couldn't believe it - we walk in and practically get run over by an old woman on a mission, a walking mission.  We jumped in the rotation and off we went.  I would have to say we passed up many people were there, apparently many are regulars which my Mom pointed out, others were new like myself, except about 40 years older.

I reckon you will be able to find me at the local mall here around 8am for the next 19 days.

2 comments:

  1. That is so funny! I've never thought of walking around the mall for exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you didn't get run over by the traffic. It has been a Utah thing for years. You just weren't old enough to participate.

    Love to you, have a wonderful time, and give everyone a hug for me.

    Nana

    ReplyDelete