Saturday, December 18, 2010

How many are we feeding?

7 Hams
336 Home-made rolls
36 lbs Shredded potatoes
10 lbs Shredded cheese
60 oz Cream of Chicken Soup
180 oz Green beans
8 lbs Spinach
14 Cheesecakes

As we were standing in line to check out (we had already bought the hams at another store), the couple behind us says,
"That is a lot of cheese, you must be making tacos."
To which my Mother replied, "no, we are feeding a bunch of young men...120 of them."
The reaction was priceless.  I think there jaws were on the floor for a full minute and honestly thinking about it, feeding 120 is one thing, but feeding 120 young men?  There is only one place in the world any one person would be willing to do such a thing, let alone find 120 young men who would be well enough behaved for any person to handle it.

1 comment:

  1. Alli, I absolutely love your blogs and the one about the airplanes was priceless. I can imagine the look on peoples faces when you checked out at Costco. How many carts did you have? I have been thinking so much about you and your family many times a day. I am going to try and reach one of you by phone today and hear all about the missionary devotional (or whatever they called it). I am so glad you can all be together, but I sure do miss each one of you. I love all of you so very much MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!

    Nana

    ReplyDelete