Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Airports

I love airports.

I think they are exciting - there are hundreds of people all going a hundred different places, Grandmas, Grandpas, newly married couples, teenagers with their ipods as permanent fixtures to their heads, families, singles, business, a leisure travelers, and little ones - some not even big enough to walk, others who drag their Dora rolling bags behind them full of crayons, puzzles and books all packed with the hope that they won't ask "are we there yet?".

Traveling during the holidays adds to the excitement of each traveler as they look forward to hot chocolate, fires, snow, family, friends, the presents, lights and pure happiness that accompanies the holidays.  And then there is TSA...

The TSA is probably the most unhappy group of individuals ever to cross the planet during the holidays, and for that matter most of the year.  They stand, stare, wonder who will be their next victim they can legally grope.  Honestly I am surprised they do not fall asleep standing as they point, grunt, and tell you to take off your shoes, your belt, your sweater and whatever else will cause the metal detector to go off, oh and you can't bring that toothpaste tube, or any other liquid larger than 3oz and no more than can fit in a quart bag.  And then after all that can you step into this full body scanner that will then give me a naked picture of you, thanks.

Fortunately, my trip to Detroit did not entail any pornographic pictures or sexual assaults - so I am counting my blessings.  Overall it was a smooth trip, and now that I have arrived I am grateful to be with my family.

Bring on the hot chocolate, warm fires, late movies with the siblings, time with the missionaries, and the pure joy of Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment