Saturday, April 10, 2010

Ashley's Bachelorette Party!

Well, today was.... well it started at 5:00 am. On a weekday that is no big deal, but on a Saturday it's rough. I had to be at the Davis County Convention at 6:15 am in order to get a booth and get set up before the convention started.

After the convention - which was very successful and exciting - yes I am crazy, but you just need to come to one and you will realize why they are so addicting. After, I came home finished cleaning the basement for my grandparents to come home from Nauvoo (they had been on a mission). Then I had to run to Costco get stuff for dinner tomorrow, picked up lunch for my grandparents. By the time I got home they had arrived! It is so exciting to have them back home! Then me, Heidi, and Grandma decided to get pedicures which were long overdue! Well, that set us back for the bachelorette party - plus we had to run by the airport on the way down to Provo to drop off a car at the airport so my parents could get home...

Needless to say by the time we made to Magleby's I was tired and starving and not too excited for a party - I was more in a mood to sit at home alone, but I didn't have a choice as I was planning the evening. So we had dinner - which was a bit of a disaster... the waiter couldn't keep our drinks filled, didn't bring enough bread with the appetizer, the main course came out before the dinner salads, and my main dish was wrong, Rachel's food was cold - fortunately the chocolate cake was good. Part way through the dinner I died laughing between the exhaustion and the 'failed' evening I couldn't help but just laugh.

After dinner we all got 'Grow a Boyfriends' and had to find 4 things to described Ashley and Taylor's relationships and take a picture of it. Well, not only did we get the best pictures - we also picked up 4 guys in a car as we were driving from Wal-Mart to the BYU football stadium who were from Washington and made them take a picture in front of the cougar with us. Then we were going to spoon me to get a picture and took the guys with us and had ice cream. One of the most awkward 30 minute dates in history. It could have ben really fun...but the one kid was a bit full of himself, and sadly I think his friends knew it. Oh well! Other than the awkward one, they were all from out of town and I reckon we made their weekend one to remember!

1 comment: