Well, I am officially on my own. Yes, I know it sounds crazy - and my parents are letting go late, but it is true. And it appears that I need to start a budget! No more school which cuts out a lot of cost, no car payment which is wonderful, but from medical expenses, food, gas, and just living it appears I need to make a budget. Yes, it may seem that I should have started on much earlier in my life, I agree, but I have always known how much was coming in and never spent over that. Well, I had a moment today... and it appears that I really need to put some measures in place and control my spending.
So, task for the week... create a solid budget and follow it! I need to begin a savings plan, and stop eating out so much... I honestly think that will be the hardest thing. I will be moving home at the end of the month, so that will greatly decrease my cost of living. I can cut out the little things, and make lunch and dinner. I could save on gas by staying at home more nights, although it would severely cut down my social life. I'll have to work it all out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
might I recommend you looking into Dave Ramsey. You probably don't have any debt which means you are ahead of the game but he gives seriously great tips on budgeting and what percentage of your income should go where. But really the best advice I can give since hindsight is 20:20 shred credit cards and vow to NEVER use them. Pay cash for everything, even car repairs it was advice Papa Dee and Nana gave me and it is priceless. If you need help finding a budget form or have more questions let me know!
ReplyDeleteI secretly love budgeting. Don't tell Duncan, cause sometimes I try to make him do it by acting like I don't like it. Eating out gets us all the time! We use credit cards for almost everything and pay them off within a week, but since we switched to using cash only for eating out we've been so good about it! We just get out as much cash as we decide we're going to spend on eating out/dates for the month and when it's gone, it's gone. It helps a lot!
ReplyDelete