Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Sushi & Insurance & Family

Well, I am not sure if it was just the realization yesterday that I need to budget my money that I needed the comfort of home for the evening, or if it was just an inkling that we would be going out to sushi - whatever it was it was worth it. Got home and was whisked off to sushi with the family, then came home and stocked up on food for the month so I don't have to spend any more money. I am trying not to spend any money on my credit card this month - gas will be the only exception. I have about $60 of cash - so that will need to last for the other essentials.

So, the benefits of coming home - free dinner, and it was half price sushi night at Mikado, our favorite night! Then come home and discuss budgets, insurance, and taxes with Mom and Dad. Insurance! Who knew it could be so complicated! Thank heaven I have a mother who understands it all! So, not only do I have to get car insurance, but I also have to figure out plans for health insurance. I really wish we did have some reform in the area of health insurance - like across the state plans, and more al-a- carte type of insurance where I can choose exactly what I want and need and nothing more. In fact, I think the most frustrating thing about health insurance is that each provider has the network of doctors that they work with. How frustrating! I don't think I will be getting vision insurance as a result as it will only save me about $40/year and I would have to switch doctors! I love my eye doctor - so I'm not changing. That is just so silly.

I am so blessed to have such an incredible family. It may seem random that this is here after complaining about insurance, but it makes sense to me - you see without my mom around to help me figure out all the numbers and such I would not know what the heck I was doing! So, ultimately I am so thankful for a family who has taught and continues to teach me. For their love and patience with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment