Well, it has clearly been much too long since I have last posted. In fact, I am somewhat ashamed about how long it has been especially given the insane amount of things that have happened the last 6+ months. So here is a quick listed re-cap...
1. New Job - I am not the Director of Development at the Utah Association of Public Charter Schools
2. Legislative Session - we dominated, Union: 1 Children: 12
3. Dating (takes so much time, but worth it)
4. Spontaneous weekend in Disneyland
5. Visit family in Detroit
6. Re-brand UAPCS
7. Complete (still putting up content) rebuild of UAPCS Website
8. Plan and held UAPCS Annual Conference - huge success
9. Weekend in San Antonio for Jessica's (friend from DC) wedding
10.. Kids arrive home for 6 weeks (were down to only about 2 weeks left)
11. Heidi comes back from Detroit
I likely missed a few things in there, but I believe that covers the highlights. If I regret anything it is not taking more pictures - I am so terrible at that! I am hoping to get a new camera soon (crossing fingers) and I think that will make me more motivated to take some good pictures, regularly.
It has been great to have the kids home - I miss them a lot. And while the house stays cleaner, I get more sleep and can stick to a routine when they are not here, it is worth all the chaos to have them!
So moving on from the very brief summary of what has happened over the last 6+ months I have determined recently that I need a hobby - I don't have one. I mean I like to read, shop, run, and...I am sure there is something else. But for the most part I am just a work-a-holic. I am up early in the morning, when I go to the gym I read my scriptures and then do email. Then I get ready and go to the office all day. I leave typically around 6 and then I go to Ben's or Ben comes to my house and we hang out and then it off to bed between 10-11pm and it starts all over again. Ben and I have things we do together, but nothing that you could really consider a hobby of sorts - as I have never and will never consider watching movies, TV, or sports as a hobby (I am sure there are people that do consider this a hobby and they likely could quote movies and shows for days, however I find this to be mostly a complete waste of time and energy).
So, I need a hobby - but here are the conditions of this hobby. I am not creative or crafty - so stamping, scrap booking, and anything that would require similar abilities are simply not feasible as they stress me out more than I enjoy them ( I should note there that I am no longer a craft virgin - my aunt KAren has been very patient with me as I have made 3 different bridal shower invitation with her. Which has been a very fun experience, but that is due to good company and someone I can follow the lead of. For me to take that type oft ask up on my own would be way too much). Next, the hobby cannot be something that takes a long time to do and likely can be quit at any given moment. My life is fast paced and busy I can't go hiking regularly where it would take me 10-20 minuted to drive to the trail head and then spend a few hours going up and then come down, my schedule is quite full and to fit in any activity that takes a significant amount of time out of a given day would be very difficult and I could not do it.
I do want the hobby to be fun, easy, enjoyable, helps me to relax and focus on something other than work. I suppose I am looking for suggestions...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have a suggestion....puzzles. You can abruptly leave at any time especially if you have one of those puzzle mats. They are relaxing and satisfying and your Mom will sit with you for hours and participate when she is in town ;) Next suggestion...reading my personal favorite. Keep us updated and let us know what you decide.
ReplyDeleteooh!! Puzzles. I agree with Anner. I'm doing one right now and it's perfect to chill out to
ReplyDelete