As I was sitting reading my scriptures this morning I realized that today marks exactly one year of being home form my mission.
It seems very strange.
I was reading about faith when it hit me. For all that know how long it took me to go on a mission, not only the time, but more the struggle with God as I pitted my will against his. It was a true lack of faith. A lack of faith in Jesus Christ that he had a plan for me, which was better than my plan for myself. Looking back now I know that His plan was better. However I am still led to ask myself, if God asked me to leave again, would I do it? And even more so than that would I do whatever was asked of me.
In light of the overturn of California's proposition 8 yesterday, it hit me harder than it has before how close we are to the second coming of Jesus Christ. The world in undoubtedly become more wicked and evil every day. And people continue to choose Satan's plan. The struggles that I and each of us will face will be more than any of us can imagine at this time. The only thing that will get us through will be a solid foundation built upon faith in Jesus Christ.
We must have a correct understanding of Him - characteristics, attributes - we must trust Him with our whole souls if we are going to survive the next years.
I think I have a long way to go and my only hope is that I will be bale to stand till the end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love this post Allison!
ReplyDelete